Thursday, August 02, 2007

I have RMS

Restless Mind Syndrome. This morning, around 4:30, I woke up thinking about random things and couldn't fall back asleep. Then, a bug starting flying around and attacking the walls at 4:50. So I gently nudged Jesse so she wouldn't be scared by the impending shoe smash, got out of bed, chased it around with said shoe, smashed the flying beetle with said shoe, and got back in bed. Immediately, our room stank. I don't know what kind of beetle it was, but it stank bad. In a matter of seconds, the whole room smelled like damp mud. So I got back up, scraped up the stupid beetle, and flushed it. Isn't that weird? I think that is weird. Weird that I was awake, weird that I killed a beetle and left it there, weird that the beetle stunk. I feel like everyone should know about this. I do weird things at night and in the early morning.

1 comment:

Jesse Faris said...

Let it be known that this morning at 6:30, Nick woke me up and said "Look," holding up his palm. "What?" I asked. "Look," he repeated, and then, "Never mind." When I asked him what it was all about later, he said he remembered wanting me to give him a high-five but not remembering why.