Wednesday, August 15, 2007

The Greatest Half Day Ever

When Jesse grew up, it was a somewhat common practice to celebrate her half-birthday, since the actual birthday falls in the Summer. We all know how bad we felt for the Summer birthday kids when we were younger. No one's around to celebrate! No cupcakes at school! I never had this problem (February). So when I saw my half-birthday listed on the family calender, I figured it was just a shout out to an old and cherished Maddox tradition. I was wrong.

Jesse came home early yesterday and surprised me with a wonderful half-birthday, half-day celebration. She took me to Davis-Kidd to peruse the fantasy football mags and pick out my favorite (K & A be warned). Then we went and watched The Bourne Supremacy on DLP (shout out to Pops). Then, we went home and she showed me the best part, a month subscription to MLB TV. Through the end of the season, I get to watch any Sox game I want on the new iMac, which by the way, is more than capable of handling a full screen Sox game, or the uber-cool MLB Mosaic, which shows up to six games at once in a (go figure) mosaic pattern. So last night, along with a wonderful shrimp dinner, we got to watch a great Sox game in which they came back in the bottom of the ninth to win the game.

My wife is awesome.


Here's the new computer:

3 comments:

Kyle Smith said...

Is that one of the brand new iMac's? If so, I'm incredibly jealous. Though I do hope to following in your footsteps soon...

Jesse Faris said...

Yes, brand new. And let it be noted to those not familiar with the awesomeness of all things Apple: the COMPUTER is part of the 2-inch thick monitor. Yup.

Can you tell I'm obsessed? :)

angie c said...

You're new mac-lust will cloud your vision which will enable me to kcik your tail all over the draft table. That computer sucks. Oh and MLB..whatever.