Thursday, December 07, 2006

Ethics

If I can ever finish with the classes I don't enjoy at HUGSR this semester, I can start writing my paper for Dr. Fortner's Major Prophets on Old Testament Ethics. The reading for it has been awesome so far. My favorite has got to be Old Testament Ethics for the People of God, by Christopher J. H. Wright. This is his magnum opus on the subject, and he's the man to write it. Don't just buy it, read it.

Speaking of great reading, Christianity in Culture by Charles Kraft is monumental. I recommend it for any fan of critical thinking. It changed the way I think about everything. If anyone has read it, contact me now, because I have no one with whom I can discuss the book.

Jesse has a cookie exchange tonight with 18 or 19 other females, for which I am excited. Yay cookies. We made a lot of cookie last night, and I'm not sure, but it is technically possible we actually finished this morning.

Congratulations are in order to Ohio State for winning the National Championship. What's that? They haven't played yet? Oh don't worry, I am well aware of that fact. Congrats Buckeyes.

And the Mavs are back to their old ways. And the Red Sox will probably end up keeping Manny. So things are looking good for the holidays.

Finally, I need a good pet name for Jesse. Logan calls Rory, "Ace." That dude on Men in Trees calls Marin, "Coach." I considered, "Tiger," since she's an Auburn girl, but it's not sticking. At the risk of hearing from anonymous, any suggestions?

P.S. Go to ESPN.com and watch Happy Birthday, Larry and tell me you don't get totally creeped out by Bill Walton. That guy is officially psycho.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Marzipan....end of discussion, thats it. Jesse's new name is Marizpan!

http://howtoprankatelemarketer.ytmnd.com/

word verification: ijnhizoa

Josh said...

I agree with anonymous b/c I don't think "The Cheat" would go over very well.

Word Verification: vjarpeyt