Saturday, August 02, 2008

The Kitchen Sink

I am so ready for football. Saturdays are busy enough, but Sundays could use a little something, like four hours of refreshing three different fantasy league pages.

I wish Nick being Nick was an accepted phrase, at least in our house, if not everywhere. It just goes to show that if you set the bar low, you can get away with a lot more than the average citizen. Note to criminals: that does not apply to you. Here's my take on Manny, since you asked. It's a bittersweet parting. I know few Sox fans. Even fewer among them are still really upset about the Nomar trade or Johnny Demon's shark-jump to the Evil Empire. I'm not. Do I miss Pedro? Sure. Do I miss him pitching? Apparently not, poor guy's arm fell off. If Manny wants to put himself in league with those characters, let him.

The operable metaphor, for me, is the hot chick/idiot. She's an idiot. You know it won't last, and it costs waaaay too much to make it work. At the same time, SHE'S HOT. One of the hottest chicks you've ever seen, as a matter of fact. But now, she's 36, and the crazy is taking over hard core. The crazy outweighs the hottness, and even though you've enjoyed it, it's time to let her go swim in stupid seas. Did I take that metaphor too far? Yes. Yes I did, but it;s still coherent, and that's more than I can say for Woody Paige.

I WOULD LIKE EVERYONE TO KNOW THAT THE PREVIOUS METAPHOR IS IN NO WAY RELATED TO ANY RELATIONSHIP IN WHICH I HAVE BEEN INVOLVED. IT MOST ESPECIALLY IS NOT RELATABLE TO MY WIFE. AT ALL. SHE IS, BY ALL ACCOUNTS, HOT AND INTELLIGENT. THESE ARE JUST TWO OF THE MANY REASONS WHY I MARRIED HER.

Finally, we weren't winning anything with Manny. He decided that. So I wish him the best next year when he's making 20 mill a year with the Giants. Just a guess, but it makes sense in a Brian Sabean kind of way, right?

Interesting take on the USA Coaches Top 25 here.

1 comment:

III said...

Did you notice last night how Jason Bay scored both runs & made a sliding catch with two outs & a runner on third? We would had never made it to extra innings or won with Bay last night.

Meanwhile, I watched Manny & Andruw Jones jog after a ball in left-centerfield gap that went for a triple. A ball to that gap should never go for a triple...