Wednesday, July 11, 2007

Yep

We are in fact back from Belize. Just in time to rest up, and then head to camp next week. I suppose I must be feeling extra guilty these days.

I'm not sure, at this point, that I know just exactly how to describe our time in Belize. The words I have in my mind to describe it seem very incomplete and unjust for the nature of the trip. Here's what I can say right now:

It was really an amazing experience - borderline indescribable. Buster has a great legacy there, so my wife would and does say. It's one of the more stretching and challenging mission experiences I can imagine for a group of teenagers, not to mention the adults. The teens who went with us are all amazing kids. I hope never to forget the generosity of Spirit we encountered before and during the trip from our friends and family. God taught/reminded me about faithfulness, trust, and the true heart of ministry through this trip in powerful ways. I love youth ministry so ridiculously much. I love my wife so much ridiculously more, and I love God the most.

Thank you again to all who supported our trip financially and through your prayers. They were answered! Because of your gift, we were able to participate in the planting of seeds in the lives of over 800 children, and countless more in Independence, Red Bank, San Jacindro, and the greater Stann Creek district.

Of course, it wouldn't be complete without a picture or two from the trip... enjoy:
The happy couple after Sunday church.



Some of our group at the end of a hike through the jungle.



The VBS group (no dentists) with kids at San Jacindro (we called it San Mosquito) on Thursday.




A fair representation of everyone's experience at VBS every day. One American for every 30+ Belizeans.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love you. --Mom