Friday, May 04, 2007

The True Meaning of Friendship

Is never speaking about what happened last night to me ever. I am shocked and appalled and embarrassed about the Mavericks colossal choke job and saw it coming from Game 1. Dirk and this team will not recover; I say blow the team up now. Trade the whole thing for Kobe - at least with him you know you are getting a first round exit. This is the only time I will speak of this.

In other news, and with some irony, yesterday also saw the end of my semester. Now I have the whole summer to, as my Dad called it, "go secular." I'll be back at Super Suppers and reading the occasional fiction book, or whatever I want. To celebrate, tonight I will be watching Spiderman 3 on a DLP projector (thanks Dad) at the Paradiso. I can already tell you that it's pretty good, and you might like it.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

i believe i am your closest thing to sports empathy, right?

Chad Billy-Steve Pknicholson said...

You are. Thank you.

angie c said...

sorry...and my Rockets are done too. what a terrible year. the only thing worse is Cuban's goatee!

Anonymous said...

So bitter.

So, sooooo bitter.

Anonymous said...

Hey man, did you hear?

Dirk won the MVP!

That's a very big honor. Honestly. He's now among a very elite group of players.

And he joins an even *more* exclusive club, too...

He and Moses Malone and Wes Unseld are the only players in NBA history that have ever won the award and had their team bounced in the first round of the playoffs.

Of course, Moses and Wes were never on the wrong side of losing a 1/8 matchup. That's a piece of history that only Dirk can claim at this point. Oh, and also Moses and Wes both eventually won championships too.

But I'm sure you already knew all that, seeing as how you've got a grasp of the history of the NBA stretching all the way back to 2001 or so.

Don't worry, though. This Mavericks team has a secure place in the record books. It's going to be a long time before another team comes along and does what they did this year.

A long, long, loooooooooong time.