Thursday, April 19, 2007

Escaping Reality

As the basketball regular season ended last night, I have two things to excite me.

1. The Mavericks return to playoff dominance and the clinching of the championship that should have been ours last year.

2. I only played in two fantasy basketball leagues this year, but I won them both! I'm so pumped about this. One league is uber-competitive friends from undergrad, and I've never won any sport (baseball, basketball, football) since we started five years ago. I've been close, but never won.

Jesse will tell you that I only do things that I am good at (which is why I must get Guitar Hero for when the Jerkins come over), so this is nice. I am also winning both of my baseball fantasy leagues so far, so things are looking good for me, although it is early. Now if I could just get one pick right in our American Idol league, I would be excited. I'm not too happy that Sanjaya is gone and I missed my opportunity to vote him off. I voted for him for four straight weeks, decided he was in it for the long haul, and then, like that, he Keyser Soze's me. I can only hope we never hear from him again.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Warriors in six.

Josh said...

Ignore him by saying out in the first round for the last 5 years. He's just bitter.

Chad Billy-Steve Pknicholson said...

Look out that window, Patrick. Do you know what is out there? I didn't think so...

Mavs in 5.

Jesse Faris said...

That was a great use of the the Kyser Soze term/reference. Well done.

Anonymous said...

Uh oh.

Be afraid. Be verrrrrry afraid.

Anonymous said...

THE POSSE BREATHS LIFE...patrick, you better be waving your pom-pom hard and blowing your nose at the exact time tonight...TAKE THAT

...Nick, how long did it take you to look up the correct spelling of Keyser's name?? hopefully not NEAR as long as the amount of time you spent rubbing it in Jesse's face that she has a horrible memory.

word verification: srvca (use it as a soft 'C', and i'll take one of those)

angie c said...

I was also gonna say that using Kyser Soze as an adjective (?) was awesome. Mavs better get it in gear or they'll get Nellied. Since we now both dont have cable, let's go watch a game at a smoke filled establishment.

Chad Billy-Steve Pknicholson said...

Dude, I listened to the Sox on the radio last night, and that was kind of fun.