Thursday, February 15, 2007

Just a Quarter

Since Jess has referred people to my pseudonymous cyber-haven, I figured I should post something about it being my birthday. My first thought was to share with everyone how much and the many reasons why I love myself, since that has been the recent trend for February birthday boys. For the sake of time, I passed on that idea.

Then I thought maybe I could cover all the things that have happened in the last 25 years, but maybe some things are better left in the past.



(I don't know these people, but apparently this picture was taken in 1982)


So I decided that first of all, everyone should know that my wife has been really awesome to me today. I got breakfast in bed (honey nuts, strawberries, and a cinnamon roll), plus I got to check all my sports websites this morning in bed (as opposed to the usual spot, hiding out in the man room before Jess wakes up), AND she brought me Chinese from New Hong Kong for lunch (yes, Julie, God spoke to me through the Beef & Broccoli).

That being settled, my family has been very generous and I anticipate ruining my semester in front of the 360 (now with hard drive) thanks to their generosity.

Still, I've decided to try and incorporate more reader participation on my blog (Bob Lablob). My first choice was to have people go with when they think the titles of the gospels originated, or whether or not they think the gospels were written to a specific audience. However, since I have decided to increase participation, I will include on two similar musings that came up in the last week.

1. What is the greatest song to be released since 2000?

2. What is the greatest romantic comedy to come out since 2000?


My votes?

1. Jess mentioned "Since You Been Gone" by Kelley Clarkson (grammar notwithstanding)

I'm still deciding, but maybe "The Scientist" by Coldplay? "Thing Called Love" by the Darkness? Or even "Who Let The Dogs Out?" by The Baja Men.

2. I'm not sure yet.

11 comments:

Jesse Faris said...

I am misquoted! I said that "Since You Been Gone" might be one of the most memorable from this decade. Not necessary "the best." Now all these readers of your blog are going to think that I'm some teeny-bopper nut!

Unknown said...

No Jess, I may agree.

2. did Notting Hill come out post-2000? I'm not sure that's my vote, though. What about... You've Got Mail. I know jesse will vote for that one.

Unknown said...

No Jess, I may agree.

2. did Notting Hill come out post-2000? I'm not sure that's my vote, though. What about... You've Got Mail. I know jesse will vote for that one.

angie c said...

Since my cubicle brain is fried, I'll go with your Darkness song due to it's ridicuculousnes and pure greatness. Questions like this make my music brain fry and turn me into oatmeal b/c there are too many options.

Is Garden State a romantic comedy? Probably not, but that's my vote. It's funny at times and there is love. Judges? Yes.

angie c said...

I know. I cant spell. Cubicle brain remember. Now I have the stupid Kelly Clarkson song stuck in my head.

III said...

1.) I'm not sure if it's "Beverly Hills" or "Perfect Situation," but it's definitely Weezer.

2.) 13 Going On 30. Hands down.

III said...

Hey Bueller. Do you want to play fantasy baseball? I've got a group of Harding buddies that we're putting together a Yahoo! league. If you're interested, check out:

http://anti-dentites.blogspot.com/

III said...

Oh, and Happy Birthday!

khovater said...

Happy Birthday Nick! Sorry, I have no idea about the song or the movie. I really loved Sleepless in Seattle.

Jesse Faris said...

I just wanted to bump you up into the double-digit range. Hope you did well on your test today!

Ashley said...

1. I'm going with "beer for my horses" by Toby Keith and King Willie Nelson

2. Sweet Home Alabama (because The Notebook is not a comedy right?)

Happy late Birthday- but Happy early Anniversary!