Thursday, August 12, 2010

Bold Prediction

Fifteen years from now, on VH1's "I Love the First Decade of the 2000s (because we never agreed on what to call it)," there will be a 5 minute segment on p90x when they get to 2010.  A bald Judah Friedlander will try and demonstrate various moves and Aziz Ansari will talk about how people gave ubiquitous p90x updates but no one else cared and Gilbert Godfried will talk about all the people you knew who started it and then stopped after 2 weeks.

That's my thought about the current phenomenon that is p90x.  I'm not denegrating having it and doing it, or getting it and not doing it, I'm just amazed at how popular it has gotten in such a short amount of time.  I think it's on the list for the 2010 episode.  Then I googled "VH1 I love the" and saw that in 2008, the network ran a series called "I Love the New Millenium."  So really, it'll be next year.  And no, this is not a way for me to announce that I'm doing p90x.

1 comment:

III said...

It is interesting. Tony Horton has to be a rich man.