Tuesday, June 19, 2007

Loose connections

I've decided to remove Mark Cuban's blog from my sidebar. It's no fun when the Mavs are not a part of his discussion, and now that he's gone mum on the fun stuff per request of David Stern, I don't even get the techno jargon about which he is concerned.

Speaking of the Mavs, last night at Target, someone had started playing the PS3 and then left, leaving the Mavericks turning the ball over on the inbounds pass every time to the Heat, and the score was, at the time, 30-5. Ouch. That one still hurts.

Speaking of blogs, I like what Bob posted about with conforming to God's character as much as trying to discern His will. Yes, as my wife was quick to point out, His will still matters. I think the Open position could benefit from an exploration of this idea. It's probably not a new one, but it's new to me via Bob, so he gets the credit.

Speaking of theology, Pinnock's book on the holy spirit was okay. Not great, but he also discussed the gender issues, and it's getting more clear to me now.

Speaking of clarity, why must every theological position be so heavily nuanced. It drives me crazy most of the time.

Speaking of video games, my wife is AWESOME. She let us use the last of the undiscovered wedding gift cards to purchase Guitar Hero 2 last night for the 360. It literally rocks. And Jess rocks too.

No comments: